The Gods Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Gods Legion

Place where we can meet and dicuss guild issues.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Missed The "Meeting"...

Go down 
+4
TCMTroll
Scrapizm
grammy 27
dudemanly
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dudemanly

dudemanly

Missed The "Meeting"... Empty
PostSubject: Missed The "Meeting"...   Missed The "Meeting"... EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:28 pm

Unfortunately, I missed the Guild Meeting the other night...

I have heard bits and pieces of it's content, and since I wasn't there to voice my feelings and opinions, I present them now...

As far as PGA vs. UWA, it's not rocket science people! Now I speak for nobody but myself here, but am basing SOME of these points on grumblings I've heard from some guildies:

1) People who have gold and roars feel they're being taken advantage of in PGA by always being the ones who roar and not being appreciated for doing so and that it's expected out of them. A simple "ty for run and roars" at the end of a run is nice, but gets old... I realize that not everyone can buy gold to purchase roars but if you fall into that category, don't expect to be roared if you run PGA, or any other arena for that matter.

2) For this reason, more people have gravitated to running UWA... And if you look at it realistically, UWA is shorter and (provided you have a decent team) you can run it 4-5 times in the time it takes to run 1 PGA-and you get more exp AND with a decent team, you need NO roars. Do the math! 4-5 runs at 200K+ is more than the 700K you earn for 1 PGA...

3) My main reason for not wanting to run PGA that much anymore is quite simple. Since I joined this guild, I estimate I've run PGA about 1-200 times maybe more... I simply am burnt out on it! I have and will run PGA from time to time, but feel totally flamed out on it.

I have a couple things to say about BI3 comps...

1) If you want to comp BI3, you should be prepared to roar the people getting it for you. It takes a lot! I was told when I wanted to get BI3 for my alt, I needed to bring about 50 roars, which I gladly went and got. Your best bet to get BI3 is to wait for a mass guild run and ask to be included on last battle to get the quest.

2) If you have the stones to ask for BI3 for a friend, see 1) above... Why anyone would think that TGL owes BI3 to anyone other than a TGL guildie is beyond me in the first place... Is this person not in a guild of their own that can get it for them?

Finally, a thought about how TGL guildies act towards others in this game:

We are an ELITE guild. Some players look up to us. We should act like an ELITE guild. This means not calling people names even if they're acting like a fool. I have had to learn and continually remind myself that this is just a game and that someone I call a name or go off on may have been a possible guild candidate down the road... Let the Golden Rule apply, Do Unto Others... And we should show the same to our fellow guildies too (which can get difficult at times, but is not impossible! Wink )

Again, these are just my opinions and feelings... And if I would have been present at the meeting, would have let them fly then...

I want to wish each and every guild member a safe and happy New Year's!! I wish us ALL peace, health and prosperity for 2011!!!

Dude
Back to top Go down
grammy 27

grammy 27

PostSubject: Re: Missed The "Meeting"...   Missed The "Meeting"... EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:35 am

One question.....was it a guild meeting or a vice guild master and guild master meeting? If we are going to have guild meetings they should be posted no the forum so all guildies that want to attend may do so.
I have to agree with you about being burnt out on pga, I try to avoid it because I am one of the guildies that has no gold or roars, but when i am on a run and someone roars me I always say thank you.
Recently I have added lower levels to my friends list and helped them with quests but i also lay down some rules for them. First and foremost if they port to me and I am going on a guild run don't ask to join unless you are invited. Don't ask for pga or bi3 unless you are willing to pay for it or contribute to the battles. If they ask for uwa I tell them they must reach level 250 first. Most of them have understood and those that don't are removed from my friends list. Because like you said you never know if they might be the next new member of TGL.

grammy
Back to top Go down
https://tglnumbertwo.forumotion.com
dudemanly

dudemanly

PostSubject: Re: Missed The "Meeting"...   Missed The "Meeting"... EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:45 am

From what I understand Grammy, it was a "whoever's online" meeting at Rosie's...

**I have something to add to my previous post...**

This is regarding people who have recently purchased roars that previously received help from others when they didn't have roars... Do you have a selective memory in which you block out other people's past generosities, or do you just have NO sense of appreciation?!

Search yourself, and if you know yourself to fall into this category, take someone on a run who helped you out in the past and supply the roars for once...

Peace Out...
Back to top Go down
Scrapizm

PostSubject: Sigh   Missed The "Meeting"... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Honestly... I don't think I deserve to be thanked for roaring on a run. I roar people for my own leveling satisfaction.. If your going to get strict about that specific thing.. Yes i am using those people.. For my own benefits. And in turn they gain experience along with me.. That usually isn't my intent.. With the exception of the occasional power leveling. If it wasn't for all the scouts and clairs and basically every other person that I run with.. I wouldn't be nearly as far as I am without all the roars that I put upon you guys.. Thank you for that...
Back to top Go down
TCMTroll

PostSubject: Re: Missed The "Meeting"...   Missed The "Meeting"... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Scrapizm wrote:
Honestly... I don't think I deserve to be thanked for roaring on a run. I roar people for my own leveling satisfaction.. If your going to get strict about that specific thing.. Yes i am using those people.. For my own benefits. And in turn they gain experience along with me.. That usually isn't my intent.. With the exception of the occasional power leveling. If it wasn't for all the scouts and clairs and basically every other person that I run with.. I wouldn't be nearly as far as I am without all the roars that I put upon you guys.. Thank you for that...

♫♪ IF you've got the money, honey, I've got the time ♪♫

Missed The "Meeting"... 040208nelson2
Back to top Go down
PetePhil

PostSubject: Re: Missed The "Meeting"...   Missed The "Meeting"... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks for all the roars given to me by some players.

Just wanna say, im an EGS with a small healing ability so if my SP runs out in an arena like PGA, its better not to roar me.

Back to top Go down
iqofdoom

PostSubject: re dude   Missed The "Meeting"... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:20 pm

I am very sad that u feel that way dude. This is a game made out of different ppl and we dont all have the money to buy roars. I for instance is a student. I have bought 50k gold one time and spend it and it is not likely that i will be able to do so again. But that doesnt mean that i expect ppl to roar me. Ofcourse i apreciate when ppl do, but that is not so important. What is important is to run with friends and have fun.
Ur post made me feel a little uncomfortable. Sometimes i dont say ty for roars because to me it makes it seem like it is all about the roars and not the ppl. But as i already said that doesnt mean that i dont apreciate them. But if some find me ungrateful i would rather have that they didnt roar me at all. And I would hate if someone thought i only run with them because of roars.
Back to top Go down
PetePhil

PostSubject: Re: Missed The "Meeting"...   Missed The "Meeting"... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:50 pm

And as for Dude post, lets not take these things hard on him, he just wanted to voice out (his or others players) feeling and i see nothing wrong with that. I know there are some player that have the ability to roar others but they not roaring and nobody blaming them for not doing so.

An advice, if anyone being feel that they are being abuse by using roar by some players, pls feel free not to roar until that player dies in the team run. Nobody will blame you for that. Also know that players dont have roar also contribute much of the run because of its skill (while SP not runs out) and its damage for easy kill.

And most of all, roarer or non-roarer, THANKS EVERYONE IN THE RUN Smile
Back to top Go down
dudemanly

dudemanly

PostSubject: Re: Missed The "Meeting"...   Missed The "Meeting"... EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 11:25 pm

PetePhil wrote:
And as for Dude post, lets not take these things hard on him, he just wanted to voice out (his or others players) feeling and i see nothing wrong with that. I know there are some player that have the ability to roar others but they not roaring and nobody blaming them for not doing so.

An advice, if anyone being feel that they are being abuse by using roar by some players, pls feel free not to roar until that player dies in the team run. Nobody will blame you for that. Also know that players dont have roar also contribute much of the run because of its skill (while SP not runs out) and its damage for easy kill.

And most of all, roarer or non-roarer, THANKS EVERYONE IN THE RUN Smile

Thanks Pete, and yes as usual, I was voicing things said to me by other guildies. I always try to look at both sides of the fence and wish others would/will also, I realize not everyone can have gold and readily purchase roars. But I think that issues should be addressed and/or voiced instead of being kept inside or spoken only in private. My take on a situation is: it can't be fixed if it's not made aware that it exists...
Back to top Go down
sircarp

PostSubject: roar   Missed The "Meeting"... EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:26 pm

hi i just want this said and have no evil intensions with it .

i roar evry one and evry where i will or can and dont expeckt some in return we all benefit from me or some1 else roaring atleast al thats in the run , so if i am in a run whit one of u than ill roar if needet ,oh and dont get me wrong its nice when some 1 roars me but its is not a must .
i was just fortunate that i could buy the 50k pack and there fore i am using it to the ones in the run whit me so that we all can get some of those hard to get lvles ..

till roars sircarp

the egs
Back to top Go down
DonMaryoBlack

DonMaryoBlack

PostSubject: well...   Missed The "Meeting"... EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:11 am

I think dude is doing well Vgm (job) dont take it hard on him...he care about us members and guild...and yeh some like to share roars some not,cant force them but isn't fair someone roared u when u was broke...and after u got gold being ungreatfull! he posted cuz i asked him(he's english is better etc and we all know the reasons)
So all chill and good...we can fix this...PEACE! king !
Back to top Go down
http://maryoblack.hi5.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missed The "Meeting"...   Missed The "Meeting"... Empty

Back to top Go down

Missed The "Meeting"...
Page 1 of 1